Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing mail

How to put outgoing mail on line?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 5:55 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 8:59 AM in response to JackDzik

Hey There JackDzik,

If I'm understanding your question, you want to know how to add the "From" field in the header of your email messages, is that right? The resource below will explain how to do this.

Mail (Yosemite): Address an email message
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19137?locale=en_US

Set the From or Reply To address

If you use several email accounts in Mail, your messages are sent from the account of the currently selected mailbox. However, you can change which account is used to send messages. You can also specify an address where you want to receive replies to your message.

Change the account for the current message: Move the pointer over the From field, click the pop-up menu that appears, then choose an email address. If you set up email aliases, those are also shown. For some accounts, you can choose or change the outgoing mail server.

Use the same account for all messages: Choose Mail > Preferences, click Composing, click the “Send new messages from” pop-up menu, then choose an email account.

Set a Reply To address: Click the Header Fields button User uploaded file in the toolbar of the message window, choose Reply-To Address Field, then enter the address where you want to receive replies to your message.

Jack, if I'm misunderstanding your question, please reply and I'll do my best to help.

- Judy

Outgoing mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.