Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhotos on MacBook Pro

Okay, so I know a swanky new version is coming out.

My question is this - moving from windows where all family photos (10000's) were in folders and sub folders, I am reluctant to put into iPhoto as it undoes the sub folders making more work to re album them.

So am currently just moving a folder of holidays in and geotagging. Gosh, that is so hard, when camera not set, or scanned photos taken moons ago...in that little tinsy map down the bottom of the iPhoto screen.

Have done two folders thus far. In Windows I also tagged them and use a software program that allows the tags to come over as well which is excellent. Question - if I move this folder or duplicate back to my Picture Album on my desktop (as a folder) will it keep the geotagging? Or am I best to leave in iPhoto's?

I find Apple excellent, but hard work coming from Windows person for many years, and added problem with major health issues.

It's hard to find the right information......

Any ideas please? All welcome....Thanks

Belinda😕

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 6:50 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2015 11:28 PM in response to belindafromsaint helena

Question - if I move this folder or duplicate back to my Picture Album on my desktop (as a folder) will it keep the geotagging? Or am I best to leave in iPhoto's?

Export the photos

File -> Export

and then make sure you check the box for location information and the data is written to the file.

This User Tip

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4921

has details of the options in the Export dialogue.

iPhotos on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.