Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internet connection "hangs"

Using speedtest, we usually get a 30 to 50 mb connection. But loading pages, there is a consistent hang time before we get the page. It happens on all our devices, so I suspect it's the Comcast service, their modem, or?

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 10:59 PM

I've run into this same issue starting yesterday as well. Click on a link, Safari opens and the progress bar shows the page starting to load and then it hangs at about 1/3. Click on the "X" to stop the activity and then on reload and the page loads normally. I'm also on Comcast...although it doesn't seem like that's the problem as the same pages load fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Tried clearing all history, rebooting, etc. with no luck.

Safai v8.0.4 (10600.4.10.7)

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 10:59 PM in response to jackmac3

I've run into this same issue starting yesterday as well. Click on a link, Safari opens and the progress bar shows the page starting to load and then it hangs at about 1/3. Click on the "X" to stop the activity and then on reload and the page loads normally. I'm also on Comcast...although it doesn't seem like that's the problem as the same pages load fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Tried clearing all history, rebooting, etc. with no luck.

Safai v8.0.4 (10600.4.10.7)

Mar 24, 2015 7:59 AM in response to Eric Root

Sorry...should have mentioned that I cycled the Comcast modem, both of our Apple Airport Extremes (iMac is connected via Ethernet) that we use as well as the unmanaged switches in between. Reset the PRAM/SMC for good measure as well.

Still no love. 😟

The hang doesn't happen every time and not always for the same websites, but happens on a very regular basis now. It almost never happened before so it's a new problem. As mentioned this issue is isolated to Safari (in my case).

Mar 25, 2015 11:34 AM in response to jackmac3

I'm having the same problem but the issue isn't with Comcast as I'm experiencing it across multiple ISP's, including the research university where I work. It isn't the wireless connection because I also have the problem with ethernet. Did a SpeedTest yesterday and the results were blistering, once it opened the URL and that took a long time and multiple attempts. Seems to be a problem with Safari.

Mar 25, 2015 12:06 PM in response to GPBurdell23

It may be coincidental but I've also noticed unusually long delays sending email via my iCloud account for the past couple of days. Watching the Activity Window it often displays this for a good minute or more:

User uploaded file

Followed by this error message:

User uploaded file

When I click on "Try With Selected Server" the email sends instantly. The Connection Doctor shows an immediate, "green light" connection with iCloud too.

The problems seem to be intermittent...sometimes a web page hangs in Safari other times the same web page opens instantly (with the history/cache cleared or not). The "hangs" are also intermittent with my iCloud email service.

Using Firefox or Chrome the same websites load immediately. Using one of my other (non Apple) email addresses, all emails send immediately as well.

One of the worst "offenders" is this very website (Apple Support). Sometimes I have to reload it three or four times to get to it in Safari, yet it loads normally using other browsers.

Wonder if this is connected to an issue Apple had (or is having) with their servers noted here yesterday: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/25/yet-another-outage-hits-apples-app-sto re-itunes-preventing-searches-discovery-downloads

BTW, I'm located in the Pacific NW.

Hoping this gets resolved sooner than later...very frustrating.

internet connection "hangs"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.