Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add Music from 'iPod_Control' to iTunes

Hi,

So I got a new computer and my music was thankfully saved as it's all on an iPod. I connected by iPod and copied the music from the folder 'iPod_Control.' I tried to add this folder, the entire library of music that I had copied to iTunes. Unfortunately though, when I try to add this folder, I can't. I tried adding individual songs and that works. However, the songs are named randomly such as 'ABHY' and this is what shows up in iTunes, not the usual formatting of Artist, Album, etc. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

iPod classic, 160 GB iPod Classic

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 11:30 PM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 11:20 AM in response to vibhaspatil

Greetings vibhaspatil,

Music that was purchased through the iTunes Store can be moved onto a new computer from an iPod by transferring through iTunes. Use the procedure here -

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

Music and other media from other sources can not be moved back to a computer from an iPod. See this article for reference -

iTunes: Transferring media from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Mar 26, 2015 12:32 PM in response to vibhaspatil

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device. Take a look at the link to the iLounge article near the end. If the files are properly tagged then the current names can be updated. If the source files are in .wav format or have no tags for some other reason then it becomes harder, if not impossible. If the iPod still lists everything correctly then other recovery tools may work.

tt2

Can't add Music from 'iPod_Control' to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.