Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i delete photos off my device but use icloud photo stream will they be deleted off the cloud too?

I've got icloud photo streaming set up. And it's optimized so that it has smaller size photos on my phone, and the original quality on Icloud. If I delete a photo off of my phone (to save space) will it automatically be deleted off Icloud?? Or am I safe? Is there a setting I need to check?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 10:12 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 11:00 AM in response to sunflowerchilde

Howdy sunflowerchilde,

From your post it looks like you have iCloud Photo Library beta enabled, and want to know that if you delete a photo from your iPhone if it will be deleted elsewhere. In short, yes, it will be deleted. iCloud Photo Library beta syncs your photos and videos across your devices, so if an item is either removed or added, those changes will be reflected across those devices. If you'd like to learn more about using iCloud Photo Library beta please see the link below.

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

If i delete photos off my device but use icloud photo stream will they be deleted off the cloud too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.