Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My numbers document suddenly went blank and then crashed. Now when I open the document, all of my data is gone.

How do I get it back?

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 8:59 AM

Hi j_scopa,

If you can open the doc, try this:

User uploaded file

If you can't, I think time machine is your best bet.

quinn

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 11:51 AM in response to t quinn

t Quinn,

I have a similar problem, except that my document went "blank" in the sense that I lost all my data because it opened a version from November 2014. For this ancient version, there is nothing to revert to--even though I had just modified the spreadsheet days ago.

Another version of the same spreadsheet appeared on my screen this morning (I assume due to a restore I attempted) and when I try to open that version, I get the message that I need a newer version of Numbers to open the file. I have Numbers 3.5.2, which I believe is the current version. I e-mailed a copy of the spreadsheet to another Apple user. She said Preview shows it's blank, but the zip file is showing 506 bytes.

I don't use Time Machine because I have Carbonite. I contacted Carbonite about my inability to open up the backup, and after an hour and a half, he said I have a Numbers problem.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, and I appreciate your time.

M

My numbers document suddenly went blank and then crashed. Now when I open the document, all of my data is gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.