Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Ipad seemed to have been infected with Adware or Spyware! What are my options?

my Ipad mini seemed to have been infected with Adware or Spyware virus! not sure if it is a scam! What are my options to get back the internet on the Ipad since it is locked right now.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 5:03 AM

Double tap the Home button to reveal the recently used icons. Swipe upwards on the Safari preview, then go to: Settings - Safari - Clear History. Then, restart Safari.

7 replies

Sep 21, 2015 1:21 AM in response to stedman1

I have a severe adware problem that has just started affecting browsing in both safari and chrome and any other browsers I have tried on my IPad.

I have tried shutting the browser and clearing history as described above which has no effect. This is the only solution I can find online which doesn't relate to Mac users.

My iPad software is up to date and am running the recently released ios9. Please help.

my Ipad seemed to have been infected with Adware or Spyware! What are my options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.