Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound of incoming SMS has started to disapper

The sound of incoming SMS of my iPhone has started to disapper sice yesterday (23 March). It only vibrates. I verify that all sounds are open from Setting, my iPhone is not at silent & I'm not using any apps. I've restarted the iPhone for once and I thought it probably solve it permantly. But it started to silent the sound of incoming SMS today again. Is there a solution? Music is still can be played from both speakers and headphones. Notifications also still have sound normally. Sound of incoming call... I don't know it yet. I didn't have any incoming calls yet. Probably it doesn't have any problem either, but will update here if I have one

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, 64 GB

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 2:51 AM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2015 3:09 AM in response to Mirochi

I ordered ringtone from the Store and set it as my ringtone after it was downloaded. I've never noticed a problem similar to this before setting the ringtone. Can the problem have a relation with this? If revert to one of the default ringtones of iPhone, will the problem be gone? Or the problem is going to continue? Should I delete that ringtone and choose one of the default ringtones then use that all of time?

May 16, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Mirochi

I had my iPhone 6 plus changed a few weeks ago. It had same the problem (incoming SMS sounds lost). I thought it might had the same problem because I rostored from the lastest backup. Resetted a few times until this Tuesday. I completely erased all content and settings, then I started it as a new phone. But it continues as a problem. Can anyone help me? I guess I'm completely sucked up with this problem, along with this problem: My iPhone automatically changes the audio level to max/zero

Sound of incoming SMS has started to disapper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.