Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help with multiple devices and apple id

Between my husband and myself, we have two Iphones, two Ipads, and one Imac. I back all of them up on my Imac using ONE iTunes account....we prefer not use Icloud, and I think that helps keep the information on each device relatively separate from each other...no overlaps with contacts and calendars. We have one APPLE id and password, that we use for Itunes and the App Store. We just got the Iphone 6 for my husband, and it keeps asking him to enter his Icloud PW.(his recognized user name is his PRIMARY email address)...which presumably he does not have, nor does he need (or maybe he does I need some real guidance on that). To keep this from making him crazy can I just delete his Icloud account, which again presumably, was created automatically with the new Iphone 6 set up??

Similarly, I need to use FIND my Phone (etc), and HIS devices are not in MY listed devices....is this because he NEEDS his own APPLE ID, or is there a way to add his devices to my list of devices within the APP....I thought because we share the Itunes account they should all be in MY devices.

Can someone help me make sense of this?

THANKS!!

iPhone 6, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 7:45 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 2:24 PM in response to melissaben6250

Hello melissaben6250,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are not seeing your husbands new iPhone 6 in your Find My iPhone app. First, while you may "prefer not use iCloud", you are using it, at least in regards to Find My iPhone for your existing devices.

Now, for your husband's phone and Find My iPhone. It sounds like during the setup of his phone, he logged in to his Apple ID and even possibly created another iCloud account. In order to see his phone on your existing Find My iPhone, it will have to log in to the iCloud account where the other devices are signed in. Take a look at this article on troubleshooting Find My iPhone, especially the first section on the device not appearing.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Cheers,

Jeff D.

need help with multiple devices and apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.