Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot prevent bluetooth speaker from answering calls

I've got a new bluetooth speaker that I use on my desk at work. When I'm connected to the speaker and a call comes in, the phone automatically answers the call via the bluetooth speaker. I changed the call routing to 'Speaker', but that only answers the call via the iPhone internal speakerphone. Neither of these options are ideal since I don't want to broadcast my phone calls from my desk. Is there not some way to force phone calls to be routed to the iPhone's internal ear piece? By internal ear piece I mean having the audio come through the iPhone where I would need to put the phone to my ear in order to hear the caller.

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:57 AM

13 replies

Nov 3, 2017 7:49 AM in response to three60grab

I have the same issue. I play music at my desk through my Bluetooth speaker. While at work I keep my phone on vibrate. When a phone call comes in, it rings and comes through the speaker, very loudly. This makes me jump and everyone else in the office. I would love to figure out how to get the call to skip the speaker and just vibrate through the phone.

Mar 26, 2015 1:45 PM in response to three60grab

Hi three60grab,

If you are having issues with routing call audio when connected to an external Bluetooth speaker, you may find the information in the following article helpful:

Route calls and FaceTime through your iOS device

• Answer a call by tapping the touchscreen.
  • During a call, tap Audio Source on your iOS device. Choose your iOS device to hear calls through it, choose Speaker Phone to hear calls through the speakerphone, or choose a connected Bluetooth accessory.
  • Turn off Bluetooth.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth accessory, or move out of range. You must be within 30 feet of a Bluetooth accessory for it to be connected to your iOS device.

iOS: Third-party Bluetooth accessories - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Aug 25, 2016 3:17 PM in response to brenden dv

I Have the same issue and your solution is garbage. The reason both of us are here is we want our phones to answer through the phone headset every time. There is no option for this, only for automatic, which routs the audio to Bluetooth automatically if ya connected. Make an option to make it rout to phone only. That's is the only solution.

Cannot prevent bluetooth speaker from answering calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.