Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard lag after iOS 8.2 update

I'm having issues with typing on my iPad Air 2 after the iOS 8.2 update.

While typing the iPad will either completely miss the key press (even after 2 or 3 touches) or take a single touch of a key as multiple. This behavior is not limited to on app but across several apps. iMessage, Facebook messenger, Note, Safari, etc.

I've tried resetting the Keyboard dictionary and also a Reset all Settings. Neither has resolved the issue. This behavior was not occurring prior to the iOS 8.2 update.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 8:22 AM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 2:16 PM in response to michaelfromurbandale

Hello michaelfromurbandale,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing some keyboard lag that you first noticed after updating to iOS 8.2. If this is happening with the built-in Apple keyboard and not a third party keyboard from the App Store, I would suggest the following troubleshooting steps.

I would first recommend backing up your iPhone either to iCloud or iTunes for safety.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

After the backup is complete, I would suggest manually placing your iPad in recovery mode and performing an update. This will reinstall the iPhone Operating System without erasing any of your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Keyboard lag after iOS 8.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.