Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 6th gen won't synch with iTunes 12.1.1

Since I upgraded to iTunes 12.1.1.4 on my Windows 7 PC a couple of weeks ago, I have been unable to synch my iPod nano 6th generation (SW version 1.2) with iTunes. I have followed Apple's instructions to uninstall all of my Apple SW, restart my PC, then install iTunes again, restart my PC, then attempt to synch. I get the same failure I had before re-installing iTunes. My iPod connects with the PC and displays an icon on iTunes. I can select the iPod icon on iTunes and select the menu items under "Settings" and "On My Device", and all of the music and podcasts stored on my iPod are displayed. But when I select "Synch", I get the following two error messages:
1. The iPod "Larry's iPod" cannot be synced because it cannot be found.

2. The iPod "Larry's iPod" cannot be synced. The disk is not available.

I never had such problems with any prior version of iTunes during the several years I have owned my iPod. Help!

Thank you.

iPod nano, iOS 1.x

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 10:21 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 9:12 AM in response to leshannon43

What solved my problem:

I restored my iPod nano on my wife's PC, which had version 11 of iTunes. I was then able to sync it on my PC. Why didn't I restore it on my PC? See following details.

Additional details:

I first took the iPod to the local Apple Store, where the only course of action they could offer was to restore the iPod. So they did. When I got home, it wouldn't even connect to iTunes on my PC, which was a regression from the day before. Out of desperation I plugged it into my wife's PC, and her older version of iTunes immediately told me the iPod had been formatted on a Mac and it needed to be restored on a PC to be usable by a Windows machine. Why my newer version of iTunes couldn't tell me that is a mystery.

iPod nano 6th gen won't synch with iTunes 12.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.