Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Messaging Problem

When I send a group message and people in the group respond their responses come in as individual message rather than the response happening under the group thread. It's something new that is going on because there are others having the same problem. I was in a group message that was started by another individual and it happened with all of us, some iPhone some non iPhone users. I checked the settings on the phone of the group text originator and group messaging and MMS was on, so that can't be the issue. I think it may be a problem with the new update.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 10:48 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 6:16 AM in response to titussmith

Hello titussmith,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that responses to a group text thread are coming into you as individual text messages. There may be an explanation for this behavior which is described in the attached article. I would recommend reading over the article and using it as a resource.

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Why is Messages sending my group messages as individual texts?

If you send a message to multiple people and at least one person isn't using group messaging, an individual message will go to each recipient using either SMS or MMS. Only the original sender will get any responses to these messages, in separate message threads.

Have a great day,

Joe

Group Messaging Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.