Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update a Keynote ’09 presentation to widescreen in Keynote ’13

I have a number of presentations which were created in Keynote ’09 on my MacBook Pro. Now I've upgraded to Keynote 2013 I'd like to change the backgrounds to a widescreen template. I don't want to start again and do a load of copying and pasting and I certainly don't want to create all the transitions and builds from scratch. Is it possible just to change the background to one that measures 16:9 without disturbing the contents?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17", 3GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 5:01 AM

Inspector > Document > Document > Change Theme; use one of the widescreen themes

Expect a minor displacement of objects.

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 2:22 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Such a simple solution: I don't know how I managed to miss seeing that option in the document inspector!. I feared this wasn't going to be possible. I'm so glad I didn't have to spend hours redesigning my presentation. Like you suggested, all I had to do was a bit of resizing and repositioning to finish it off; and I also had to remove unwanted placeholder text boxes on each slide. Great! Thank you so much!

How to update a Keynote ’09 presentation to widescreen in Keynote ’13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.