Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 does not make sound when paired with headset

I use an iPhone 6 with a bluetooth-connected Plantronics Voyager headset. When the phone is paired with the headset, none of the iPhone sounds (like email arriving, text arriving, other alerts, etc.) sound through the phone - the sound is only through the headset. Sometimes I'm waiting for a call for 3 or 4 hours and don't want to wear the headset the whole time just to get the other sounds, so I take it off - but then I miss the alerts.

Is there any way to have the iPhone 6 provide the audible sounds even when paired to the headset?

Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 10:38 AM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 11:31 AM in response to rmblood

that is by design

connecting the device with a headset it only play out of the headset

it does not matter if it's a wired headset or a bluetooth

works the same way on all smartphones and have allways been like that

same with computers connected to headsets wired or bluetooth

even my tv mute it's speakers if I connect a headset to the minijack

same with all my computers

Mar 25, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Rudegar

Connected to a car stereo with BT audio will only give sound in the car stereo when its in BT mode. However car stereos with no BT streaming will give alarm sound from the Iphones speakers even if you have activatet BT telephone and are placing a call at the moment of alarm.

its the nature of the accessories that decides the output.

turn on the headset after answering the call is probably the only solution to your problem.

iPhone 6 does not make sound when paired with headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.