Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cannot open the page because the server is not responding, MacBook Air (late 2013) 1.7 GHz

I'm no longer able to listen to a specific radio station on my 13" MacBook Air (mid-2013) via Safari. I've been listening to this specific radio station using Safari every day for a long time, but for some reason, now, when I click on the appropriate button to listen to the radio, when the new window pops-up, the error message appears that says, "Safari can't open the page because the server where this page is located isn't responding."

Please note that yesterday, I cleared the history and website data, as I had to clean out adware off of my computer (per Mackeeper, which I'm no longer using of course, and per Safari's new thesmartsearch.net that was overriding my search preference of google). To clean out the adware, I used AdwareMedic.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help.

13" MacBook Air (mid-2013), 1.7GHz dual-core Intel i7, 512GB flash storage; 4MB L3 Cache; 8GB of onboard storage 1600Mhz DDR3

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 1.7GHz Intel i7, 512GB

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 9:18 AM

3 replies

Safari cannot open the page because the server is not responding, MacBook Air (late 2013) 1.7 GHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.