Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a magic mouse be set up for continuous scrolling?

In windows, every wheel mouse I've had (at work--I've been all Mac at home for at least a decade) allows for continuous scrolling. Push the wheel down, pull mouse towards you-the more you pull, the faster the scroll. Do it slow enough and you can scan hundred of pages or until your finger gets numb. Is there any way to duplicate this on a magic mouse? Can it be done on a Mac with another manufacturer's wheel mouse? (Duh-I can figure that out by taking home the work mouse.)

Thanks,

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 1:01 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Kappy

What you describe is not what I mean by "continuous scrolling". Having to flick a finger repeatedly to advance the cursor isn't continuous in my book. I want to be able to use the mouse in the way I described in my original post, or at least some approximation of that. The advantage of the windows capability is that the scrolling speed can be controlled, without having to 'flick' something or move your finger once it's placed on the wheel. With that function, you can slow scrolling down to a crawl to read the text, or look for a picture, things that can't be done with a magic mouse being flicked repeatedly, where, at least part of the goal is to make things move as fast as possible.

Thanks.

Can a magic mouse be set up for continuous scrolling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.