Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem MacBook Pro boot up

Hello

i have a big problem with my Macbook pro early 2011.

Using my Mac. I got a bug and the screen was blocked. So I restarted the computer by push the start button for 5 seconds. But right now it doesn't start.

Symptoms: my computer start with the Apple icon and the bar progress. During the charge progress, my MacBook pro give me a gray screen. The bar and apple icon disappear.

i tried to CMD + ALT + P + R. Not working

impossible to start the save mode

i tried to start with The recovery partition. impossible. The recovery partition is disable. CMD + R or pushing ALT when the system is starting (not showing by my Mac).

I tried to start on an USB Yosemite 10.10.2 but I have the same problem. Grey screen at the middle of the progress bar.

Now I tried to delete the Macintosh hd partition and I have all the same problems.

I used the verbose mode. And I got this screen.

User uploaded file

I m afraid to buy an other Mac. Thank you all to help me.

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 11:59 AM

9 replies

Mar 24, 2015 12:12 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

I tried to remove the battery. Push the button. And connect back the battery. Not work.

i tested my ram. The first one and the other one. I tried to remove my HDD. Impossible to start it.

I Bought it with lion installation. But I don't have any disk or cd. I just have a USB with the latest version of Yosemite dowloaded on the App Store.

If the mac doesn't work. I think I will have to go to an Apple Store. It was working goos before. I got every time the recovery partition in my starting options. and now no. Realy strange.

Mar 24, 2015 12:19 PM in response to 53kevin

Re-read the SMC instructions. You do not have to remove the battery for the type of MBP that you have.

If your MBP came with Lion, this should work.

Boot the MBP with the OPTION + COMMAND + R keys.

The result should be a display with a revolving globe.

If you follow the directions you will be connected to the Apple servers and will get a 4 option menu.

From that menu you can select Disk Utility.

Run Disk utility>First Aid, Verify and Repair.

You also can install Lion on your MBP.

You will need a solid Internet connection.

Ciao.

Problem MacBook Pro boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.