Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change apple id etc

I am trying to change my apple id, but nothing I do works.

What can I do to change my apple id, or do I just create a new id?

Thanks

iPhone 5, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 2:17 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 1:16 AM in response to dave1510

How are you trying to change it, and what happens when you do it ? You should be able to update the primary email address on an account (I'm assuming that's what you are trying to change) by logging into it e.g. via the Store > View Account menu option on a computer's iTunes, via the 'manage your apple id' button on http://appleid.apple.com, or by tapping on it and logging into it in Settings > iTunes & App Store on your phone

Changing primary email address : Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

After changing it : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

All content is tied to the account that downloaded it, so if you do create a new account all of your existing content will remain tied to your existing account - so only that account can potentially redownload that content, authorise it on a new computer, and download updates to its apps.

Change apple id etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.