Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to download iOS 7 as I need it to print pictures off of my phone. I have followed the directions; settings to general but the next step is software update and I do not have this under general. What do I do?

I am trying to download iOS to my iphone. Don't have software update showing after I tap general under settings. What do I do?

iPhone 4S, not sure if it is 4S or 4/or operat

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 1:22 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 8:17 AM in response to kcmercier

Hello kcmercier,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are trying to update your iPhone but do not see Software Update as an option. The ability to update iOS over Wi-Fi was introduced in iOS 5; it sounds like the iPhone you are currently using may be on iOS 4 or earlier. You can update your iPhone; however, using iTunes on a computer. Please follow the instructions in the Update your device using iTunes section of the attached article to complete this process.

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

I am trying to download iOS 7 as I need it to print pictures off of my phone. I have followed the directions; settings to general but the next step is software update and I do not have this under general. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.