Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto download pauses

Since downloading OS X Yosemite, my iPhoto no longer worked. I've been trying to download the new iPhoto for over a week and each time it pauses in the App Store and won't finish. Even worse, it is now stuck in "pause" and I can't clear it to try the download again. Help! I desperately need to clear some pictures off my phone into iPhoto.

Thank you!

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 1:13 PM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2015 5:42 PM in response to mandytrice

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

iPhoto download pauses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.