Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 5 is not connecting to iPhoto

I was trying to transfer some pics from my phone to iPhoto. It was working fine until 1 week back. I haven't made any changes.

Now iPhoto doesn't show my phone anymore???

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 2:22 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 9:20 AM in response to rumpelstiltskin

Hello rumpelstiltskin,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If iPhoto does not reconize an iPhone connected to your Mac, then I'd like you to please follow the information outlined below.

1. Verify that there is a photo available to be imported:

Save a screenshot by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time (the screen should flash briefly). Manually open your photo-management software to determine if this software can recognize the device and import photos.

2. Try using the photo-management software built in to your computer's operating system:
    Mac OS X: Open Image Capture (located in the Applications folder).
    Windows XP: Open the Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard by choosing Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    Windows Vista: Open Windows Photo Gallery by choosing Start > All Programs.
    Windows 7: Choose Start > Computer. Right-click on the logo of the device under Portable Devices (if present) and choose Import Photos.
    Windows 8: Move the cursor to the upper-right corner, click the magnifying glass, type Computer,and press Return. Right-click the logo of the device under Portable Devices (if present) and choose Import Photos.
  3. Check for software updates to your photo-management software.
  4. Verify that iTunes and your iOS software are up to date. Download and install any updates that are available.
  5. Check for and install any available operating system updates. (On Mac OS X, select Software Updatefrom the Apple Menu. On a PC, run the Windows Update application.)
  6. Try using a different computer to import your photos.
  7. Email photos to yourself if you wish to keep them. Then, delete them from your device and reconnect the device to your computer.
    Note: If you have a large number of these photos on your device, you may delete them from your device a few at a time and reconnect to the computer until the device is recognized.

iOS: Unable to import photos to computer - Apple Support

Have a great weekend,

Alex H.

my iPhone 5 is not connecting to iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.