Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High pitched screech with iPhone 6 Plus

Whenever I am talking to another person on an iPhone (I'm using an iPhone, too) I hear a high pitched screech like a fax machine. It can be heard by the person on the other end of the phone also. It only happens when calling another iPhone. I have tried to reset the phone, and restore the phone. No solution. Can I get some help?

Thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:25 AM

Greetings rickfromplainfield,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are hearing a high pitched sound while using your iPhone on calls. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend working through the troubleshooting steps that are outlined in the attached article. I understand that the article was written for the iPhone 4s, but the troubleshooting steps are still relevant for your situation.

If you hear noise while on call or using cellular data on your iPhone 4S - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 9:25 AM in response to rickfromplainfield

Greetings rickfromplainfield,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are hearing a high pitched sound while using your iPhone on calls. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend working through the troubleshooting steps that are outlined in the attached article. I understand that the article was written for the iPhone 4s, but the troubleshooting steps are still relevant for your situation.

If you hear noise while on call or using cellular data on your iPhone 4S - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

High pitched screech with iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.