Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.2 bluetooth issues iphone6. Does not work anymore with Ford sync.

So, it worked fine with my iphone 5S, not sure of the ios rev. Was always sketchy with my iphone 6, and with latest updates it does not work at all. Connection to the car with no sound.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 2:11 PM

16 replies

Mar 24, 2015 2:51 PM in response to wegras

Both links are useless. Take my word for it, I am tech savy and have tried everything in all possible orders. Of all the things I have read, with all the people having issues with this, I have not once found a response where apple admit to having an issue with ios8. Just tell me someone at apple is working on a fix for this. And please, tell me when the fix will be available. 90% of the time in my car I use bluetooth.

I have read about the same issue with Ford, GM, Toyota, and Audi.

Mar 24, 2015 2:59 PM in response to bloodycow

I've run into a similar problem streaming audio from my iPhone 5 to my Lexus cth200 since upgrading to 8.2. In my case, the phone and car pair, and I can see and change tracks, but the audio does NOT stream through the car's speaker system — it plays directly out of the iPhone's built-in speaker. I've tried to correct the problem by disconnecting and repairing, and I've tried it by quitting the iPhone's music app.

The only thing I've found that corrects the problem is to power the iPhone off and on; then everything is fine. Fine, that is, until the next day when the problem repeats itself. If I make a quick stop, effectively disconnecting for an hour or so, everything is okay.

My guess is that there is a problem reconstituting the port over which audio is streamed, as opposed to the port that is used to exchange control information

In any case, it is VERY annoying!

Mar 26, 2015 4:43 AM in response to bloodycow

I am also observing new incompatibility issues between iOS 8.2 and Ford Sync. I have an iPhone 4S. It worked fine before the update and haven't had issues with prior iOS updates. I have noticed the following behavior:

• Bluetooth Audio works just fine.
  • USB seems to index okay in that if fines all my songs and playlists but doesn't stream music.
  • USB gives a "Bad Playlist" when I tell it to play one.
  • When I press the play next button on the steering column in USB mode, it starts cycling thru songs--stopping for a moment on each before going to the next but still doesn't stream.

I did a master reset of the Ford Sync system, swapped USB cables, and resync'ed my phone with my PC all without any effect. I'll let you know if the power cycle John tried behaves the same way later today.

Mar 29, 2015 11:41 AM in response to bloodycow

I had the problem and solved it.

I have 2 fords. F250 2011 and Fusion hybrid 2011. We also have 2 iphones 5s and 6 both recently updated to 8.2.

Bluetooth audio did not work anymore on the Fusion but it still did in the F250. Had to be car related; not phone related.

Tried reboot phone, master reset of sync. No luck.

Did the Ford sync update with usb drive to latest version and now both ios 8.2 phones have working bluetooth audio.

Mar 29, 2015 2:58 PM in response to markinzeroland

I tried John's suggestion and was able to correct the problem by powering the iPhone off and on. It even worked the next day. This and my above post was all with a 2010 F-150. I had access to a 2015 F-150 yesterday and while it worked, it found errors in my Playlist files.

I also updated Ford Sync as suggested by FastFwd and it's still working. I checked a few months ago and the update I installed in July 2010 was still the most current update of Ford Sync available for my 2010 F-150 so I was surprise to find that a new update was available. Ford has not been very proactive in getting fixes out. One thing the Ford Sync fixed was Sync switching from USB to Bluetooth Audio when you unplugged your phone from USB. I hated to always have to remember to manually switch to Line In mode to avoid my phone's batteries being drained dry the next time I drove my car without plugging my phone back in. Now it does that automatically.

Anyway, the phone seems to be working fine with the Sync update now.

Mar 30, 2015 11:35 AM in response to markinzeroland

I am having problems with connecting my Iphone 6 via bluetooth with my Ford Focus. It worked fine until I updated to ios 8.2. After updating, it worked for about a week and then stopped working. I have unpaired and deleted them from both the car and phone and re-paired. The phone itself re-pairs allowing the phone to work but the music will not. There are separate icons on the car that show that a phone or music device is connected. The phone shows as connected but not the music player. I checked and my Ford Sync is up to date. Has anyone found a fix?

Mar 30, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Bspitty

From what I can guess it is a new incompatibility; hard to say if Apple or Ford is to blame or both. My fusion is now at version sync 4.4 but my F250 is at 3.something and tells me there is no update. I think that Ford is rolling out those updates slowly one model at a time. You will be OK when they get to the Focus's update or when/if Apple adds a new fix to the next iOS patch.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4256117/Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%2014 .24.30%20.png

ios 8.2 bluetooth issues iphone6. Does not work anymore with Ford sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.