Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

22 day old iPhone6 is bent. No known reason why. Anybody else?

My wife's 22 day old iPhone 6 is bent. Phone function has quit working. We can think of no event that would cause this phone to bend. The back of case actually shows a diagonal bend. It was in a temporary case waiting for her to select the case she wanted. It just covered the edges and back but was not a protective case. There was one drop of about 2' from her lap to the ground getting out of the car and the phone landed flat on its' back. All other times it has been in her purse. Anyone else had a bending problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 3:31 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 6:10 PM in response to billmahan

I had a very similar situation. Dropped a few month old IPhone6 out of the hand onto the ground (concrete). The IPhone6, even being in a protective casing, fell face forward onto the ground and the screen cracked (fully functional otherwise). I did go into my local Apple retail shop and asked for options to get the phone replaced/repaired. The phone was inspected and the technician decided that my Iphone6 had not only a cracked screen but also was bent (Test via laying on a table on its back surface and if it spins its bent.) He also suggested that my story can't be true as a IPhone6 can't bent from a simple fall and even if he knows not what happened to the phone I must have severely abused it. He then issued a replacement ($409AUD). I felt not only treated as a liar but also shocked that such a simple fall could cause the IPhone6 to bend.

The next day I had a software related fault and had to ring Apple on their customer care number. While the customer care representative and I went through the process of resetting I briefly explained my experience the day before and was told that unfortunately this case (IPhone6 replacement was closed) but having this or a similar issue in future the customer service phone contact would handle cases like this with more sensitivity and based on my explanation only a screen repair charge might have been appropriate (approx. $160AUD).

So it seems that it depends on the technicians valuation and his feelings/your face what the charge might be from no cost to screen repair or full replacement. In the end of the day the phone is replaced in any circumstances.

22 day old iPhone6 is bent. No known reason why. Anybody else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.