Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset the calendar server postgres DB

I try to reset the calendar / address book -postgres DB to it's initial state. (OS X yosemite, server 4.0.3) Does anybody know how to the command(s)?

Background. I build a testing servicer to see if my backups worked. I restored the backup calendars and tested the backup. Now I would like to reset the ical server to it's ordinal "out of the box" state. Does anyone know the line command for that?

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 3:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2016 8:24 PM in response to oak55

I just did this. here's how I did it:

I can confirm that this worked to reset only the Calendar service on Server 5 be prepared to perform step 2 by setting the permissions or by having a terminal window already navigated to that folder:

1. Toss the Server.app to the trash. Wait for the script to trigger the pop up confirmation. Click OK.
  2. Empty the contents of /Library/Server/Calendar and Contacts. You can either do this on the command line with 'sudo rm -R' from inside the folder, or, if you aren't comfortable with command line foo, then add yourself as a user to the folder using the Finder's "Get Info". click the wheel and apply that to the
  3. Move Server.app back to Applications folder.
  4. Start Server. Wait for the migration scripts to run.
  5. Start services.

Calendar, wiki, contacts... all of them started nicely.

You may be able to accomplish this without trashing the server.app by emptying the folder, then deleting the /var/run/.ServerMigrationDone file... I've never tried that method, but perhaps next time I will. I do know that the steps above reset calendar to "out of box". My other services were left intact.

How to reset the calendar server postgres DB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.