Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All videos not showing on iphone using home shared library

After updating the ios on my wife's and my iPhones 5s to 8.2, some of the TV Shows on our share library are not showing. It was all working perfectly until the minute I updated the ios's. All of the Movies show up though. I have already tried the obvious, turning off home sharing, deleting the cache folder, rebooting computer, restarting the iPhone's, etc. We also have an ipad mini and an ipad 4 that haven't been updated yet, the shared library works fine on those. Ain't no way in **** I'm updating the ipads.

I called Apple, being the first time I've ever called them, I didn't know it would cost $29.00 to talk to a person. (Thanks Apple, you really care about your customers).

Any suggestions.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 4:22 PM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2015 12:32 PM in response to jmcole1

Hello jmcole1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that some of your TV Shows are not showing on your iOS devices after updating to the latest iOS version. I also understand that you have performed some great troubleshooting steps already. In this situation, just to make sure all suggested troubleshooting steps for this situation have been completed, I would suggest working through the information in the attached article.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 27, 2015 3:05 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks for the reply Joe. I have read through all of the troubleshooting steps and ensured everything is set up correctly. Still no luck. This has to be an ios 8.2 issue, everything worked perfectly until I updated both iPhones. The two iPads have not been updated and they work perfectly.

Just to ensure it wasn't a PC or iTunes problem, I loaded the library onto another computer and I got the same problem.

Apr 1, 2015 4:05 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks Joe, but that is the SOS that I talked about in my initial post. I don't want to pay Apple to talk to someone about a problem they should fix. The only choices are:

1. Talk to Apple Support Now ($29.00)

2. Schedule a call ($29.00)

3. Call Apple Support Later ($29.00)

You would figure a company as big as Apple would have email support.

All videos not showing on iphone using home shared library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.