Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Playlists: Why is the new update for iTunes not playing whole playlists?

Hi,

All my music comes from my home network and works fine on my laptop, until I try to make a playlist. The music plays fine until a certain point and then iTunes cannot locate the source files and an exclamation point pops up on the rest of the music I selected.

If I then double click on the tracks with the exclamation point it finds the source file again, without me having to locate the file. Very strange.

Anyone with the same problem? Or able to help?

Computer Details

• Laptop: Packard Bell Easynote
  • Processor: Intel Celeron @ 2.16GHz
  • Memory: 4.00 GB Ram
  • Storage Space: 450 GB
  • iTunes: 12.1.1.4

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 2:14 PM

Hi there Glovener,

I understand that you are seeing an issue with iTunes that has started after an update. Here is an article that talks about troubleshooting iTunes issues and can help you address this issue:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203206

While the title of the article does not specifically mention your issue, these basic troubleshooting steps will be a good starting point for addressing this. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 2:14 PM in response to Glovener

Hi there Glovener,

I understand that you are seeing an issue with iTunes that has started after an update. Here is an article that talks about troubleshooting iTunes issues and can help you address this issue:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203206

While the title of the article does not specifically mention your issue, these basic troubleshooting steps will be a good starting point for addressing this. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

iTunes Playlists: Why is the new update for iTunes not playing whole playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.