Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reverse sync? Iphone to airbook

How can I put music that is on my iphone onto my mac air? Sycn allows music from Mac Air to iphone but not the other way around.

Apple TV, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:34 PM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2015 2:36 PM in response to jshirk1

Hey jshirk1,

I understand that you want to transfer some music from your iPhone to your computer by syncing. Here is an article that can address this desire:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201267

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Mar 27, 2015 9:04 PM in response to jshirk1

Correct. iTunes support of transfer to a computer applies only to items purchased from Apple, probably as a means to deter media piracy. Likely the thought on this is anything you have purchased you can re-download directly to the computer anyway, and everything else should be on the computer already as the source of the original sync or on a backup you should always keep should the computer become damaged. There is third party software which can transfer other items, though it isn't syncing.

How to reverse sync? Iphone to airbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.