Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I place my order to a PO BOX?

HI. I want to know if i can place my order to a P.O BOX because I live out of the USA And where I live there isn't a store.

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 3:07 PM

Tarkuss raises a issue which many of us have, in the US, where the PO doesn't deliver to our house. Your suggestion to have her other shipped UPS or Fedex doesn't solve the issue... the reason being that UPS and others now use "smartpost" where the final delivery is up to the PO. If there is no PO Box # on the shipping label then the PO sends it back.

The Apple T&C state that Apple doesn't ship to PO Boxes as part of your terms... but how about the people who only have a PO Box as the delivery point for the PO.

It used to be easier to just choose UPS or Fedex (and pay extra for expedited service) but now that's not dependable because of "smart post".

Apple should change the fill-in form on the shipping label pages... to allow people who have already entered a physical address on line 1 to also enter a PO Box address on line 2.

And how about if I don't want to pay for expedited shipment for something like photo prints. I just want to pay std. shipping... which means the PO will deliver to my PO Box? I must be able to input the PO Box on the label.

I live in Colorado... Dear Apple, there are millions of American who do not have "house delivery" of their mail. Please do something for us!!

Please Answer my questions.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2015 3:07 PM in response to deggie

Tarkuss raises a issue which many of us have, in the US, where the PO doesn't deliver to our house. Your suggestion to have her other shipped UPS or Fedex doesn't solve the issue... the reason being that UPS and others now use "smartpost" where the final delivery is up to the PO. If there is no PO Box # on the shipping label then the PO sends it back.

The Apple T&C state that Apple doesn't ship to PO Boxes as part of your terms... but how about the people who only have a PO Box as the delivery point for the PO.

It used to be easier to just choose UPS or Fedex (and pay extra for expedited service) but now that's not dependable because of "smart post".

Apple should change the fill-in form on the shipping label pages... to allow people who have already entered a physical address on line 1 to also enter a PO Box address on line 2.

And how about if I don't want to pay for expedited shipment for something like photo prints. I just want to pay std. shipping... which means the PO will deliver to my PO Box? I must be able to input the PO Box on the label.

I live in Colorado... Dear Apple, there are millions of American who do not have "house delivery" of their mail. Please do something for us!!

Please Answer my questions.

Mar 27, 2015 1:26 PM in response to emilylissandra

Hello Emily,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Unfortunately, Apple cannot ship orders to a P.O. Box, but there are other options for shipping your order, such as shipping to a friend, store pickup, etc. See the section on Shipping Policies in the following article regarding your question.

Shipping and delivery - Apple Store (U.S.)

Regards,
Jeff D.

Apr 25, 2015 11:59 AM in response to emilylissandra

A Variation on Emily's question... I live in a small town, I am technically in one zip code, which shippers like UPS and FedEx require on packages going to me, but I get my mail at a PO box at another post office in the same town with a different zip code. So I have to know beforehand how something will ship so I can give the right address. If you address something to my house, the post office will not deliver it there. I want to buy an Apple Watch but the ordering site is telling me that store pickup is not available and shipping to a PO box is not permitted. If I can be given a assurance that it will be delivered by UPS or FedEx, then I can give my street address and zip code and this will work (as long as it's not one of those hybrid arrangements like smart post or sure post). So my question to Apple is this. Am I permitted to buy a Apple Watch, or have I been effectively blocked from every possible option?

Jun 14, 2015 3:24 PM in response to deggie

Yes, there are plenty of work arounds... all of which either cost me more $ or involve delay in getting the goods.

And.. "a lot of electronics and camera companies" are not Apple. Apple should "exceed my expectations", not disappoint me like the rest.

My suggestion of Line 1 and line 2 is a valid one and would sidestep those who were using PO Box fraudulently. What's wrong with allowing the fill-in form to accept the words "PO Box"?

Jun 14, 2015 5:21 PM in response to Ted Lewandowski

Ted,

As a fellow PO-box-dweller, I really feel your pain. I've pretty much accepted that companies like Amazon simply don't want me as a customer. Hybrid arrangements like Sure-Post and Smart-Post just make matters worse; they guarantee that there's no way for packages to get here from there. But the good news is that Apple Watches (well mine, anyway) go with UPS from the moment they leave the factory until they show up at your door. Mine left the factory in Suzhou, China at 11:14 AM on June 5 and was in my hands at 4:54 PM on June 8.

Jun 14, 2015 7:28 PM in response to emilylissandra

HI. I want to know if i can place my order to a P.O BOX because I live out of the USA And where I live there isn't a store.

Probably.

Most post offices, (including the one I utilize) has an option whereby you can provide the actual street address for the Post Office. So, to the shipper it appears to be, (and truly is) an address just like any other.

Check with your post office to find out how to do this.

USPS was long overdue in doing this. Think about it, your local UPS store is a building with small private mailboxes inside. A post office is, a building with small private mailboxes inside.

can I place my order to a PO BOX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.