Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up wifi network in advance

I want to set up wifi access to a network IN ADVANCE of being at the house that the network is located (setting up a friend's iPad for when they visit their mom). I can manually enter the network name and password - but the only option appears to be "Cancel" or "Join" and since the iPad isn't "in range" yet it obviously can't connect - and there doesn't appear to be a "Save" option to get around this. So is there some other method of doing this that I'm not aware of? Or does Apple not provide that ability? Just trying to save them the steps of having to do that when the get there - they use the iPad for what they need but aren't use to going in to settings to do much. Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2015 6:33 PM in response to LIK2BIK19

You can't set the networks settings up in advance. There is no way to save the information. The iPad can only join networks that it can see and that means the device must be withing range of the network.

It really couldn't be much easier to join a network. You can easily talk them through it.

Set up wifi network in advance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.