Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto on Mac not showing photostream. My photos from iPhone were not on my Mac, I tried to import using cable. Now the photos show in iCloud only. It seems frozen. On trying to close iPhoto down got message that photos being imported. 6 hours ago

I have IMac on Yosemeite, 500GB. IPhone 5 on 8.2. My photos, from iPhone, had not appeared via photo stream on my Mac. I had been away from a while But expected the photos to appear on the Mac. There were 1000 in Photostream and 1200 in Camera Roll. I used a cable to import the Camera Roll, it stopped importing after 1000 photos. The photos, though, are in iCloud and I don't know how to access them to put them to Events. There are 3 recent Photostream events showing up in IPhoto withOut any photos. I tried to import to Library but was directed to Finder and no access to iPhoto. I tried to shut down iPhoto but got a message telling me photos were being imported. That's 6 hours ago and I'm still getting the same message. I don't know what to do. I'm not an expert, just a user.

IPad Mac and MBP

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 4:33 PM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2015 7:19 AM in response to LarryHN

HHi, thank you for the reply. I have checked my iPad and iPhone and neither has iCloud Photo Library (Beta) enabled. Turned off in both. Photostream is turned on.

i tried to sort it out by dragging all the photos to Events on the Mac and then deleting them from iCloud - (left hand side of iPhoto under the section 'Shared'). the photos now show up in Events. I did force quit but the issue remains. The message reads ' photos are bing imported to the library. Please wait for import to complete.'

i can't empty iPhoto trash either. The message read "Delete error. Please wait for import to complete.'

WHen I was moving the photos to the Events I always had a message about duplicates - to the effect that the photos already existed, did I want to import them? I clicked on Yes, import all duplicates. But when it showed the images - duplicates side by side - one showed the photo and the other was blank.

I really don't know what to do! And I don't know how to handle my iOS devices. Is it to do with the large number of photos? Any help, advice appreciated.

iPhoto on Mac not showing photostream. My photos from iPhone were not on my Mac, I tried to import using cable. Now the photos show in iCloud only. It seems frozen. On trying to close iPhoto down got message that photos being imported. 6 hours ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.