Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove permission for app

i gave a family member permission to have an app via family share plan. I would like to remove that decision so they no longer have access to the app but i can not figure out how to do It. Ive tried hiding the app on his appleid and mine, but if either of is searches for the app in the app store, the download cloud appears and he can download it again without having to ask for permission. Can anyone help me? Please save the "you should have been more familiar with the app before you said yes" for another day. Thanks.

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:00 PM

USe iTunes on a computer to hide the app:

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support

If the X doesn't appear, you can still click top left corner where it is meant to appear and you should be prompted to hide the purchase.

2 replies

Sep 26, 2015 7:14 PM in response to picas

I also am wondering about disabling access to a previously approved app on a child on iOS family Sharing. Unfortunately like the OP stated,hiding the app does not work. If the do a search for the app, the cloud icon shows up and they can re-download it without having to get permission again.

Is there any way to deny access to previously approved apps?

Remove permission for app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.