Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop backing up to time capsule, while still backing up to USB external hard drive

Hello

My time capsule is getting old and flaky. Presently I have time machine backups done to two different drives for redundancy. The backup to the time capsule over ethernet takes a long time to do, and verify. The backup to the USB3 attached hard drive is quick and painless.

How do I stop my backups to the Time Capsule from happening automatically? I would like to make up occasion 0 Sht backups to it, but not every day

Ted

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:31 PM

How do I stop my backups to the Time Capsule from happening automatically?

On your Mac......

Click the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the screen

Click Open Time Machine Preferences

Click Add or Remove Backup Disk

Under Backup Disks, select the Time Capsule (named "Data" unless you have renamed the drive) to highlight it

Click Remove Disk

Reverse the procedure to Add the Time Capsule disk back in when you want to back up to the Time Capsule

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2015 6:31 PM in response to TXShwartz

How do I stop my backups to the Time Capsule from happening automatically?

On your Mac......

Click the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the screen

Click Open Time Machine Preferences

Click Add or Remove Backup Disk

Under Backup Disks, select the Time Capsule (named "Data" unless you have renamed the drive) to highlight it

Click Remove Disk

Reverse the procedure to Add the Time Capsule disk back in when you want to back up to the Time Capsule

Stop backing up to time capsule, while still backing up to USB external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.