Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod wont turn on, it keeps dying even if i leave it in charge the whole night and then after it dies it wont turn on the apple logo keeps flashing on and off and it also doesnt let merestore

My ipod touch 5th gen wont turn on. it keeps dying sometimes it would die even if it was in charge, once it dies it doesnt turn on it keeps flashingthe apple logo and so i put it to restore and while it was restoring it said that there was an error and that it couldnt restore my ipod so i took it out of chrage and put it back in and it showed that my ipod was dead so then after a while it turned on and it showed the connect to itunes sign i connexct it to itunes but itunes doesnt let me restore or update. so i took it out of the usb that was plugged to my laptop and it showed that it was charging but it was dead, i left it in chrage for 3 hours and i dont know what happend but now it completly wont turn on

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:33 AM

You said "while it was restoring it said that there was an error ".

What was the wording of the error message?

Also:

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 1:33 AM in response to mh99

You said "while it was restoring it said that there was an error ".

What was the wording of the error message?

Also:

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My ipod wont turn on, it keeps dying even if i leave it in charge the whole night and then after it dies it wont turn on the apple logo keeps flashing on and off and it also doesnt let merestore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.