Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to update apps with using credit card

I am trying to update my apps and it keeps saying I need to update my credit card information, I have multiple times. Also I bought an iTunes card to see if I could then update the apps. Still won't work. I plugged my phone into my computer and the apps still won't update. HELP????

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 7:09 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 2:55 PM in response to pam1028

Hello pam1028,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are describing, and/or what error message you are seeing. To update or download apps, a valid credit card number with correct account info needs to be on file, even if the app or update is free. You may want to double check that all the account information is correct, and/or try associating a different card if possible, as outlined in the following article (apologies if that is what you have already done):

Change or remove your payment information from your iTunes Store account (Apple ID) - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

how to update apps with using credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.