Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music re-download from I-Tunes

I bought a new mac-mini and transferred the files from an older mac-mini. Some (not all) of those files are scrambled, listed in my library, but not accessible. How do I (re)download music I have purchased in the past from I-tunes?

Mac mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:01 PM

8 replies

Mar 25, 2015 7:35 PM in response to GeogProf

You didn't have to store any of them in the Cloud. Are you sure you are logged into the same Apple ID you used to originally purchase these songs? If you go into the iTunes Store, search for any of them and click on purchase it should tell you that you have already purchased the item ask if you want to download it again.

Mar 25, 2015 8:32 PM in response to GeogProf

You need to sign in to the store to have the items show up. If you have done that iTunes should show past purchases for the Apple ID

You can also select the store in iTunes, click your account name, sign in.

There should be a 'purchase history' section. Click the 'See all' link to view the past items.

Sadly these items do not have download links, however you may be able to work out if these items were purchased in your iTunes account.

music re-download from I-Tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.