Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eyedropper tool not working in Aperture

When I try using one of the eyedroppers in any edit module in Aperture it will not change the arrow(cursor) to the eyedropper and open the loupe to select an area with the eyedropper. This is across all modules with an eyedropper for selection of area(white balance,color selection, etc.) It was working fine before and I used it a lot. Possible fixes? Using late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina with 16g ram and all software is up to date.

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 8:08 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 8:17 PM in response to léonie

Yes. I have also tried the repair permissions and repair database in the Aperture Library First Aid.

I can sometimes have the eyedropper appear in the white balance module if I pre load the loupe tool. If I just click on the Eyedropper first the loupe flashes real quick and quits without me being able to select any spot in the picture and the checkmark indicating an adjustment was made is showing but there have not been any changes applied. I cannot get it to work at all in the color adjustment panel. Leaving only the pre selected colors available to adjust, not being to select a particular color with the eyedropper.

Mar 25, 2015 10:44 PM in response to ionu

Just fishing ...

... does any eyedropper work in other apps? in Preview (next to the Tint control in the Adjust Color dialog)? in ColorSync Utility (at the bottom of the "Calculator" tab)? from the Fonts dialog in any app?

... have you rebooted since the problem occurred?

... have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

... are you sure there are no system updates available (" ▹ App Store ▹ Updates")?

... did you install any software recently or do anything that might have triggered the change?

Mar 27, 2015 12:23 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

... does any eyedropper work in other apps? in Preview (next to the Tint control in the Adjust Color dialog)? in ColorSync Utility (at the bottom of the "Calculator" tab)? from the Fonts dialog in any app?

YES, tested in Preview and through Fonts dialog

... have you rebooted since the problem occurred?

YES, more than a couple of times

... have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

YES, but not sure what that will accomplish, mac acted strange with screen jitter and when i opened aperture the photo would not appear (just the preview in strip view) and could not select the eyedropper anywhere. ( same issue)

... are you sure there are no system updates available (" ▹ App Store ▹ Updates")?

Absolutely, I check this very regularly.

... did you install any software recently or do anything that might have triggered the change?

I just installed a raw developer software ( Irridient ) and a watermark software (iWatermark).

Not sure how that would have affected. When I get some time I may try to uninstall and check. Wondering if I have to delete Aperture and reinstall. Any suggestions? Or things to do before trying that?

Eyedropper tool not working in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.