Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting images to my iphone from two computers?

i am creating Albums in Aperture on my MacBookPro in order to SYNC these images to my iPhone when i sync my phone to my laptop.

i am IMPORTING images to my Mac Pro desktop in order to import these into my Aperture database when i sync my phone to my desktop computer.

i have also recently checked only the PhotoStream option on the Mac Pro desktop so that all the images that i recently imported to the database on the laptop machine can be made available to the iPhone.

the problem i am having is that i would like to keep the image sync from my laptop as this is the computer that i use to backup my iPhone but i would ALSO like to /add/ or SYNC some images to my iPhone from the desktop machine. is there a convenient way to do this that allows the images to stay organized as they do when i use the sync option in Aperture on my laptop?

is this a good time to start using Photos on the desktop machine and have these images synced to the PHOTOS app on my iPhone while i continue to use the laptop to sync images from Aperture?

any help would be really appreciated.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 8:18 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 2:07 AM in response to hotwheels22

is this a good time to start using Photos on the desktop machine and have these images synced to the PHOTOS app on my iPhone while i continue to use the laptop to sync images from Aperture?

Photos for Mac is still a Beta version. There is not yet a stable, public release. You would have to update to MacOS X 10.10.3 (Beta) to be able to use Photos on your Mac. But the public release of MacOS X 10.10.3 with Photos is expected to happen soon - Apple announce "In spring".

See the preview: Apple - OS X - Photos Preview

Photos will make it easier to have a shared photos library accessible on all devices. But I would not trust my photo libraries to a Beta release, only test libraries to explore the features before I migrate.

Until you migrate, you might consider to use Shared albums with selected photos. These Shared Albums/Photo Streams will be synced in iCloud and look the same on all devices, see: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

Added:

The Photos.app will not offer the same control over the organisation of your photo libraries as Aperture had. Re organization it has nothing to offer but Moments, Faces, Places, keywords, favourites, and (smart) albums. It is not a replacement for Aperture as a digital ***** management system. You may not want to migrate in a hurry, as you invested a lot of work in organising your Aperture libraries. I am setting up a small Photos library for sharing between devices, and are keeping one Aperture library to organize the bulk of my photos. Aperture will work concurrently to Photos, as long as we are using Yosemite.

getting images to my iphone from two computers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.