Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs in Light Grey Won´t Play

Hi everyone,

I subscribed to iTunes Match, but I´m afraid I´m not using it correctly.

I allowed all my Mac devices to use iTunes Match, but in all of them I have the same problem: some of the songs I used to have in my iPad, the original source of my music, are listed but coloured in light grey.

Now I cannot listen to them, not only in the "new devices" but also in the "original" Ipad.

Any hint on what might be going on?

Many thanks,

Julio

iPhone 3G

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:43 PM

No one with this same problem?

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 4:40 PM in response to JSQuiroga

Hi... I am also having issues with iMatch and music being grayed out. I tried this and it didn't help. Maybe this has been a waste of money.

Songs appear to be missing

Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) might not appear in iCloud, or might appear grayed out. This can occur if your computer is not authorized to play that content. Try authorizing your computer, then manually update iTunes Match. To determine what Apple ID your computer needs to be authorized for to play a specific song:

1. Locate and select the song in your iTunes library.
  2. Choose File > Get Info.
  3. In the Summary tab, locate the Account Name field in the right column. Write it down.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Choose Store > Authorize this Computer.
  6. Type in the account name from the Summary field and enter its password. Click Authorize.
  7. Choose Store > Update iTunes Match.

Songs in Light Grey Won´t Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.