Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any hope I can salvage this?

Am running MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.5 with iMovie '11 version 9.0.9. Was having a bad time importing jpg still files, but found I could just drop them into the Project-New Project part of the interface with no problem. And so I continued (down the wrong path, I know) because I seemed to be able to edit just fine there. I must get this straightened out somehow. I want to move all this to the Timeline. . . . .where ever the heck that is. . . . .but haven't a clue how to do it. Below is a screenshot of my project. Would so appreciate some help because my project is getting close to finished and I'm sure it's set up incorrectly to export.

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 9:02 PM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2015 10:08 AM in response to GeeD

Thank you so much for the reply, Geoff. You are right that there is nothing obviously wrong. Realized that this morning when I saw a tutorial on YouTube. I am use to the Timeline being the place to edit and being on the bottom. I assumed I had done something wrong altho' I could edit okay.

Now have another issue. While trying to crop out unwanted frames from the middle of a clip, I managed to mess up the last half of the video. Transitions show but the red line "cursor" plays right through them as tho' there are no transitions, some of the clips are upside down, some are squished in and out of proportion, and the green music band underneath the whole project is completely silent.

Don't know where to begin to fix all this. I've been hunting for the best tutorial that will give me basics but most are so detailed and long that I try to get what I need and move on. I have only a couple of days to do this less than two-minute video.

S.O.S. is all I can say. I'm so near yet so far here. Trying not to give up on it.

Mar 25, 2015 10:34 AM in response to Lee Miles

The locations of the projects and event panes are switched by clicking the down and up arrows visible in a square left below your project timeline.

I don't know what you have done to mess up the second half of the project - you can use Edit - Undo to reverse previous actions one by one but this may not go back to before the major problem. You might just check that its the same after quitting and re-launching iMovie but I think you may have to delete the second half and rebuild it again.

Geoff.

Mar 25, 2015 12:49 PM in response to GeeD

Geoff

Have a strange end to this video. As you know, everything seemed to be going wrong. I couldn't even open the song from iTunes in order to put it back into the audio. I did try reversing as many previous actions as I could. Then, all of sudden, the whole iMovie disappeared and I got the message about the program having crashed, report it to Apple, blah, blah, blah. I'm sure you know the one. So I clicked on Reopen and the whole video came back, exactly as it had been before I tried cropping out those unwanted frames, music and all, in perfect order. I wasted no more time trying to tweek anything, quickly wrapped up the end and exported it. It's now an MP4 file and plays just fine.

Thank you so much for answering my messages. I did learn things along the way and at least I felt I wasn't totally alone. Greatly appreciate it.

Pat

Is there any hope I can salvage this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.