Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appletv (3 rd Gen) not recognized by itunes

Hello,

I have a AppleTV 3rd generation and iTunes 12.1.1.4. On the previous version of iTunes, AppleTV was recognized by iTunes and I used Home Sharing.

From the assitance page of Apple.com, I followed the steps to restaure the AppleTV with the microUSB cable (Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV - Apple Support), I successfully passed all the steps and the AppleTV was recognized by iTunes. However, when I plugged the AppleTV to the TV, I lost again the AppleTV.

I verified the network, everything is OK, I removed the password in AppleTV. The AppleID is also good!

Someone have a solution?

AppleTV 2, Windows 7, AppleTV 3rd

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 8:15 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 3:53 PM in response to valvrins

Hello valvrins,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your Apple TV is not able to communicate with iTunes on your computer. Restoring the device is a good step, which usually rules out software issues. Checking your network is also a good step.

If your Apple TV and iTunes are not communicating when using Home Sharing, there are some more steps in this article that can help:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing - Apple Support

If your Apple TV does not appear in the AirPlay menu in iTunes, the troubleshooting tips in this article may be more helpful:

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Mar 27, 2015 8:12 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for the information but I alreay check the Home Sharing and AirPlay troubleshooting page.

I don't understand 2 things.

1st, the Airplay works properly with the iPad and iPod, I have problem only with iTunes

2nd, on previous version of iTunes, I used Home Sharing without any problems. The problem started with iTunes version 12

The problem is that the Airplay button is not visible in iTunes. I have only the problem between the computer and the AppleTV, everything is ok with the iPad or iPod.

Do you have other suggestion for me!

Thank you

Valvrins

appletv (3 rd Gen) not recognized by itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.