Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer can open a password proteced document in Pages

Hi,

I have a password protected document that I've been using for a long time. Now I am unable to open it. I get a message saying that my password is wrong. One thing I did a couple of days ago that has to do with passwords: I attempted to make a Pages file password protected. I tried to follow the directions from this webpage: can you password protect pages folders. I thought I followed the steps correctly, but later I found that I am able to open the file and the document inside with out a password. So I moved the image file--that I had created in the process--to the trash then emptied the trash.

The password document I am interested to open was not in the file I tried to password protect, nor I tampered with this document for the last two weeks.

I am using Pages 5.5.2 on with OS X 10.10.2 on mac air.

My mac has installed Security Update 2015-003 V.1 on March 20th. I can't figure out if this security update was installed before or after I tried to password protect the file I mentioned above.

Is there a way I can solve this issue and be able to open my password document?

Thanks

Louis

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 8:25 PM

4 replies

No longer can open a password proteced document in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.