Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacAir installed with Aperture. All my photo's are stored on exdternal drive. How do I upload all these to iCloud - some 50 GB and 10,000 photos? My iCloud has 200GB storage.

I have a MacAir recently installed with Aperture. All my photo's are currently stored on external hard drive in 100s of folders. How do I upload all these photos in their folders to iCloud. My iCloud storage is 200GB.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 10:50 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 12:49 AM in response to bjpiper

Wait, until MacOS X 10.10.3 has been released his spring. The Photo.app for Mac, that will come with MacOS X 10.10.3 will make it possible to migrate an Aperture library to a Photos Library and store it in iCloud, so you can use it from all your devices, see this link: Apple - OS X - Photos Preview

But Aperture libraries cannot by stored in a cloud storage. An Aperture library needs to be on a locally mounted drive, because aperture does not support remote access to the library. If you try to move your Aperture library to a Dropbox or on iCloud Drive, it will be corrupted by the network access.

See Apple's recommendations: Use locally mounted Mac OS X Extended volumes for your Aperture library

I have a MacAir installed with Aperture. All my photo's are stored on exdternal drive. How do I upload all these to iCloud - some 50 GB and 10,000 photos? My iCloud has 200GB storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.