Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an issue with iCal at the moment?

Hello everyone

I have sent a variety of iCal invite over the last couple of days - and when they are opened by recipients - it's for a totally different appointment (and usually not meant for them!)

This is not just my computer - people in my organisation are all experiencing the same thing. Note, we don't use a server and 95% of us use a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. It's very odd...

Please can anyone help?

Thank you.

Sally

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:02 AM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 1:18 AM in response to sallyleonard71

when your profile is correct (OS 10.6.6) you should update (to OS 10.6.8).

I suggest a SMC and PRAM reset after that:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Did you have this issue already longer or did it surface suddenly? If the latter, what software did you install before the issue started?

Lex

Mar 25, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Lexiepex

Hi Lex

Wooooaah - right - I think I need to call my IT support people - you're talking a language I don't understand!

Basically my MacBook Air is running the latest version of IOS and some others in my company (who are all freelance hence me saying we have no 'central server' are also experiencing this problem - it literally surfaced about 24 hours ago.

The only thing I've installed recently was Spam Sieve on my Mail package - I did this around 5 days ago so not sure that is linked??

I think a call to the IT company we use might be in order - I'm not sure I know where my NVRAM is 😊

Thank you for trying to help me though - it is appreciated.

Mar 25, 2015 2:17 AM in response to sallyleonard71

1. OK, a language problem 👿:

iOS is the Operating System on iPhone, iPad.

OS is the Operating System on a Mac computer (iMac, MacBookPro, MacBookAir).

At the bottom of your first message is "MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)", which is information that you put in when opening a "profile" when you decided to participate in the Apple Discussion Forum and posted your question, click on your name (the blue lettering above your message and you will go to your profile.

2. Click the little apple icon on the left above side in the top menubar, then choose "about this mac": you will see a short description of your mac: MacbookPro probably, in that field you also see the Operating System name and version, if not click "more info". Give us here the info, about your mac and your operating system.

3. the two links that I gave you are well readable, look to the passages that refer to your operating system and do what it describes.

4. Can you disable SpamSieve for the moment, to see if that helps, if you can not disable it, uninstall it (you may always reinstall).

Lex

Apr 7, 2015 10:37 PM in response to Lexiepex

I'm actually experiencing the same problems as well. Clients are trying to accept my calendar invitation and when they do they find other clients information attached. The calendar invitation does not include any of the other person's information, and appears clean. I have not downloaded any other software other than the security update and Safari update in March. This is really irritating my clients.

Is there an issue with iCal at the moment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.