Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Point scanning

my son uses point scanning via a Bluetooth switch but find that the keyboard disappears and can't be retrieved while the bluetooth is switch on

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 2:43 AM

Most Bluetooth switches have an option to hide the on-screen keyboard. Look on your switch to see if there's a button that says "Keyboard". If you can't find one, try holding the switch and see if the keyboard appears. If you're still not getting anywhere, have a look at the switch's manual for anything relating to hiding/showing keyboard or, let me know the make of your switch and I will try and find out for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2015 2:43 AM in response to Bob1948Z

Most Bluetooth switches have an option to hide the on-screen keyboard. Look on your switch to see if there's a button that says "Keyboard". If you can't find one, try holding the switch and see if the keyboard appears. If you're still not getting anywhere, have a look at the switch's manual for anything relating to hiding/showing keyboard or, let me know the make of your switch and I will try and find out for you.

Apr 10, 2015 2:51 AM in response to OneSwitchGuy

HI this did not fix my problem but gave me some other things to try my son uses a iadapter that has built in Bluetooth and when even if I don't plug in a switch it does the same thing so it looks like it is something to do with the Bluetooth the only thing that seems to bring up the keyboard is to press the sync button or press the home button and come back in then the keyboard will pop up

Point scanning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.