Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after naming faces in iPhoto, they come back as "unnamed".

Hi

I'm using iPhoto 9.1.6 and I tapped the 'find faces' button, insert the names into the faces. I go back into 'find faces' and the same faces in the same photo are there in as "unnamed".

HELP

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 11:02 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 12:06 AM in response to Bubbles_the_goldfish

I'm using iPhoto 9.1.6

With MacOS X 10.10.3 you should be using iPhoto 9.6.1, is that a typo?

You may have a permissions problem with your iPhoto Library. Try to repair the permissions and the database with the iphoto Library First Aid Tools

Launch iPhoto, while holding down the key combination option-command. Keep the keys firmly hold down, until you are seeing the first aid panel. Select to repair the database. Then repeat the process and repair the permissions as well.

Mar 26, 2015 12:36 AM in response to Bubbles_the_goldfish

How do you get Yosemite 10.10.3? no update in the App Store for me to get it. Says I'm on 10.10.2

10.10.3 is not a stable release. It is a Beta version for testing. If you want to try it, join theBeta program, but don't use 10.10.3 on machines you depend on, only on machines, that you are prepared to wipe.

See this link: OS X Beta Program

The official release is expected this spring. So it can't be much longer.

after naming faces in iPhoto, they come back as "unnamed".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.