Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't minimise...

I can open Safari but it won't minimise, to enable me to open any other applications I have to close down Safari.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 3:50 AM

Move your mousepointer to the top left as high as possible: the screen moves down one line to show the menubar with the red, yellow and green dots on the left: click the green dot.

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 4:03 AM in response to Lexiepex

Thanks, for some reason the yellow button is grey and not showing but it works clicking on the green button.

Should the yellow button be there?

It used to work that if I clicked on another application on the dock, that would open up in front of safari but now I have to minimise it and find the application behind.

Mar 25, 2015 6:49 AM in response to wembird

You have Safari "maximised" with the green button, so you need to get it back with the same green button.

The next time when you start Safari it should start "normal".

Don't worry about the yellow button.

"It used to work that if I clicked on another application on the dock, that would open up in front of safari but now I have to minimise it and find the application behind"

that should still be so, quit all applications, then restart the Mac.

Safari won't minimise...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.