Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac27 late2013 problem stuck on 1280x720

processor 3.5GHZ intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

iMac screen resolution only display 1280x720 .

i have tried SMC , Reset the PRAM & reinstall OS X,it did not work.

how can i solve this problem?

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:14 PM

Hi oamkham,

I understand that you are experiencing a display resolution issue, and have already tried several relevant troubleshooting steps. There is one more step I would like for you to try:

Reset the resolution

Start by resetting the Mac's parameter RAM. If the display does not come up, was previously set to an unsupported resolution, and still results in no video:

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays from the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

It might also be helpful to go ahead and reset the PRAM on your iMac again just for the sake of being thorough. Hope this helps. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:14 PM in response to oamkham

Hi oamkham,

I understand that you are experiencing a display resolution issue, and have already tried several relevant troubleshooting steps. There is one more step I would like for you to try:

Reset the resolution

Start by resetting the Mac's parameter RAM. If the display does not come up, was previously set to an unsupported resolution, and still results in no video:

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays from the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

It might also be helpful to go ahead and reset the PRAM on your iMac again just for the sake of being thorough. Hope this helps. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

imac27 late2013 problem stuck on 1280x720

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.