Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reject portion of event how to delete that finally (iM10)?

Hi,

in iM11 it was easy to delete the sections of an event that have been marked as "rejected" and then finally hit the "send to basket" button.

But in iM10 while selection and rejecting a PORTION of an event I can of course see that selected parts under "rejected" but when I then try to erase that element from the HD the whole clip gets deleted and not only the section that i marked for "rejected"... That can't be so question is how to delete under iM10 the "rejected" event parts from HD???

regards

Tobias

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:10 AM

It is not possible to delete part of a clip in an event in iMovie 10. It is more strictly in line with the concept of "non-destructive" editing than previous versions, meaning that you never modify in any way the original media (clips).

If you need to remove unwanted footage, it needs to be done before import into iMovie, for example using Quicktime Player.

Geoff.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Tschnurr1

It is not possible to delete part of a clip in an event in iMovie 10. It is more strictly in line with the concept of "non-destructive" editing than previous versions, meaning that you never modify in any way the original media (clips).

If you need to remove unwanted footage, it needs to be done before import into iMovie, for example using Quicktime Player.

Geoff.

Mar 25, 2015 9:47 AM in response to GeeD

Hi GeeD,

thanks but I would more stated that "this is in line that iMovie 10" is worse then iMovie 11 and as such a big joke from Apple having worsed the workflow for its customers and implementing or more correct deleting this important feature from iMovie11. This means I should open every single mov in Quicktime the adjust&delete and save back and then import ARRRR . What a big &%!&/"&/&/"

Okay let's then turn back to iMovie11

Tobias

Mar 30, 2015 1:53 PM in response to GeeD

Thank you for answering this question GeeD.

I video my sons' hockey and football games, then upload the games to YouTube for other parents. After that, I go back to iMovie and edit out their highlights and delete the rest of the games. This saves me a ton of HD space, which goes quickly when videoing in High Def. I burned through a TB in one season of hockey and 2 seasons of football, which was why I started the aforementioned editing process in the first place. I beg to differ that storage is cheap at the rate I will have to use it with the new version of iMovie. Apple should absolutely consider putting this valuable tool back in place.

This should not detract from my appreciation for your response to this query, as it answered a question I had, as well.

Thanks again,

John C

Apr 9, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Medicteach

Glad to have helped. As I indicated earlier, the solution to the excessive storage problem is to use Quicktime Player to chop out the bits of your video you want to keep then drag these files into iMovie and delete the rest. Agreed it's not as convenient as being able to do it from within iMovie.

Geoff.

reject portion of event how to delete that finally (iM10)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.